The HSK Winner Scholarship is set up by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOEC) to sponsor outstanding international students who have obtained outstanding performances in the HSK. The Secretariat of the China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) is entrusted to be responsible for management of the scheme.
I. Categories of Enrollment and Duration of Scholarship
Chinese language learners: less than 1 year.
II. Eligibility of Applicant:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health;
2. Not with Chinese as the native language;
3. Having obtained the Chinese Proficiency Certificate with excellent performance;
4. Having graduated from high school and being no older than 40 years.
III. Contents and Standards of the Scholarship
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus;
2. Medical service at public expense as Chinese students;
3. Monthly living allowance is granted to the scholarship students at the rate of RMB 800/person (RMB 1,100 in each month for students above sophomore or the students with educational level above undergraduate).
4. One-off settlement subsidy
a. RMB 300 for students who will study in China for six months
b. RMB 600 for students who will study in China for one year
IV. Application Materials
1. The Application Form for HSK Winner Scholarship (printed by CSC) in duplicate, filled in Chinese;
2. Highest diploma (notarized). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
3. Copy of the Chinese Proficiency Certificate;
4. Copy of the transcript of the HSK;
5. Copy (exclusively for the students who study in China for over 6 months) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by the Chinese quarantine authority) filled in English.
The above materials should reach the CSC by April 30, 2002 via the Chinese embassy and consulate general in charge of enrollment affairs. Individual applications will not be accepted by the CSC.
V. Admission and Notification
1. The CSC will, after examining the application materials, forward the materials to the universities for admission.
2. Scholarship applicants accepted by Chinese universities will be officially awarded the HSK Winner Scholarship upon approval of the MOEC.
3. The CSC will, before July 31, 2002, send the Award for HSK Winner Scholarship, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (Statement JW201) to the Chinese embassy and consulate general which will have the documents forwarded to the students.
VI. Contact way of the Department for Coming to China, Secretariat, China Scholarship Council